The Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 came into effect from 21 December 2001. This legislation sets out a number of principles concerning personal information.
Middendorp Electric Co Pty Ltd (Middy's) is committed to providing you with the highest level of customer service. This includes the protection of your personal information.
Following is the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to all of our customers. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
Your Personal Information
Personal information held by Middy's may include your name, trading name, current and previous addresses, telephone/fax/mobile phone numbers, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver's license number, date of birth, type of work/industry, company size, partner's name, number of children/children's names and hobbies/interests.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services you require.
How we collect personal information
Middy's collects personal information in a number of ways, but mainly it is collected:
• Directly from you, when you provide information by phone, e-mail or in documents such as credit application forms or customer profile forms.
• From sources of information publicly available or in the market place.
How we use personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
• Provide the goods and services you require;
• Administer and manage the supply and delivery of those goods and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
• Inform you of ways the goods and services provided to you might be improved;
• Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness;
• Research and develop our ability to improve the supply and delivery of goods and service;
• Communicate marketing and promotional offers and industry relevant information to you.
• Gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
• Generally improve the conduct of our business.
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above, Middy's may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Middy's. The organisations to which we may disclose information may include:
• Your authorised representatives;
• Credit-reporting agencies;
• Credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing;
• Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• Government and regulatory authorities, courts of law and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
Organisations involved in:
• The distribution/mailing of our promotional offers (information is not disclosed to external sources to go on other organisations' mailing lists).
• A transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables;
• Managing our corporate risk and funding functions (eg. securitisation).
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Middy's takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. It may therefore be advantageous for you to:
• Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information;
• Keep us up-to-date with changes to personal information such as your name, address and telephone/fax number/e-mail address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
Middy's reserves the right to charge a fee in searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on (03) 9388 0000 between 8.30 am and 4.45 pm Monday to Friday.
Alternatively, you can write to our Privacy Manager at Private Bag 1, Brunswick, VIC 3056