The Privacy Act 1988 sets out a number of principles concerning personal information. Middendorp Electric Co Pty Ltd as trustee for the Middendorp Brothers Unit Trust (ABN 49 388 705 390) (Middy’s) is committed to providing you with the highest level of customer service. This includes the protection of your personal information. Following is the information that the Privacy Act 1988 requires us to communicate to all of our customers. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
Personal information held by Middy’s may include, but is not limited to, your name, trading name, current and previous addresses, telephone/fax/mobile phone numbers, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s license number, date of birth, type of work/industry, company size, partner’s name, number of children/children’s names and hobbies/interests.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services you require or establish or maintain a trading relationship with you.
Middy’s collects personal information in a number of ways, but mainly it is collected:
• Directly from you, when you provide information by phone, e-mail, via our website or in documents such as credit application forms or customer profile forms.
• From sources of information publicly available, in the market place or from a third party (eg: credit reporting bodies, business alliance partners and government agencies).
All personal information collected is treated confidentially. Your personal information may be used in order to:
• Provide the goods and services you require;
• Administer and manage the supply and delivery of those goods and services, including establishing and maintaining an account, charging, billing and collecting debts;
• Inform you of ways the goods and services provided to you might be improved;
• Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness;
• Prevent or investigate any fraud or crime (or suspected fraud or crime);
• Resolve disputes;
• Research and develop our ability to improve the supply and delivery of goods and service;
• Communicate marketing and promotional offers and industry relevant information to you.
• Gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
• Generally improve the conduct of our business;
• As allowed or required by law to do so; and
• Do something that one would reasonably expect us to do using the information.
For the purposes set out above, Middy’s may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Middy’s. The organisations to which we may disclose information may include:
• Your authorised representatives;
• Credit-reporting agencies;
• Credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing;
• Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• Government and regulatory authorities, courts of law and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
• Organisations involved in:
The distribution/mailing of our promotional offers (information is not disclosed to external sources to go on other organisations’ mailing lists).
A transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables;
Managing our corporate risk and funding functions (eg. securitisation).
We will not sell or disclose your personal information to any individual or entity outside Middy’s, unless described above, required by law to do so, or where you have consented for the information to be disclosed.
Middy’s will take reasonable steps in an effort to protect the security of personal information, this includes taking reasonable steps to ensure the information can only be accessed by authorised persons and protecting the information from misuse, interference and unauthorised modification.
Middy’s takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. It may therefore be advantageous for you to:
• Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information;
• Keep us up-to-date with changes to personal information such as your name, address and telephone/fax number/e-mail address.
If Middy’s holds incorrect information and you request that Middy’s make a correction, we will do so unless we believe that there is a significant reason not to make the amendment. If Middy’s make a correction and Middy’s have disclosed the incorrect information to others, you can ask Middy’s to tell them about the correction. We must do so unless there is a valid reason not to.
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Middy’s will try to comply with your request promptly. In some limited circumstances, Middy’s may not be able to tell you what personal information we hold about you. This may include where it may threaten the privacy of other individuals, or whether the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings, or would reveal our commercially sensitive decision making process, or Middy’s are prevented by law from disclosing the information.
Middy’s reserves the right to charge a fee in searching for and providing access to your information.
Middy’s will destroy personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes it was collected, or to meet any legal requirement.
To the extent permitted by the Privacy Act 1988, Middy’s may disclose personal information to credit reporting bodies for purposes such as those described above, including notifying them of an inquiry being made by Middy’s for the purpose of assessing whether or not to give commercial credit, a failure to meet payment obligations and if you or the undersigned commits a serious credit infringement.
The credit reporting bodies with whom Middy’s may deal are:
Veda Advantage, Attn: Veda - Customer Resolutions, PO Box 964, NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2059
1300 762 207
Dun and Bradstreet, Attn: Public Access Centre, PO Box 7405, ST KILDA RD VIC 3004 1300 734 806
Experian Australia, Attn: Credit Report, PO Box 1969, NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2060
1300 783 684
If you fail to meet their payment obligations in relation to consumer credit or commit a serious credit infringement, Middy’s may be entitled to disclose this to the credit reporting body.
You have a right to:
• access any credit-related personal information about the individual held by Middy’s;
• request Middy’s to correct credit reporting information and to make a complaint to Middy’s;
• request credit reporting bodies not to use credit reporting information for the purposes of pre-screening of direct marketing by a credit provider; and
• request the credit reporting body not to use or disclose credit reporting information about you, if you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been, or is likely to be, a victim of fraud.
To obtain a copy of a credit reporting body’s policy about their management of credit-related personal information, or otherwise exercise available rights, please contact them directly.
By continuing to browse this site you give consent for cookies to be used.
• maintaining lists of items placed in the shopping cart prior to order placement;
• and counting the number of visitors and analysing traffic.
These may be either 'persistent' cookies, which are permanent and stored on your computer after you have closed your web browser, or 'session' cookies, which disappear when you close your web browser.
You may change the settings in your web browser to disable the storage of cookies and to remove undesired cookies.
If you believe that Middy’s have contravened our obligations under Part IIIA of the Privacy Act 1988, please contact us. Middy’s will endeavour to resolve your complaint within 30 business days. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, whose website is: www.oaic.gov.au
Middy’s reserves the right to change this Privacy and Cookies Policy at any time and changes will be effective immediately and will apply to all information held by Middy’s at the time. Any changes will be made and notified on our website.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us: Contact Us or call (03) 9388 0000 between 8.30 am and 4.45 pm Monday to Friday.